A new collaborative project on Data Intensive Visualization and Analysis (DIVA) will be supported for four years by an EU FP7 ITN Marie-Curie grant. In this project, 6 partners from Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, France and Hungary will joint efforts to advance the state-of-the-art in large scale (scientific) data visualization and interactive visual analysis.
This project is aimed at the establishment of a leading European-wide doctoral Collegium for research in Data Intensive Visualization and Analysis. The collegium will train the next generation of visualization and analysis experts who will be equipped with the necessary skills to cope with the major challenges for 3D visual presentation and understanding in data intensive application environments. The people in this program are generally early-stage European scientific researchers who in the future will lead the development of novel Data Intensive Visualization and Analysis (DIVA) methodologies in data-driven science and technology application domains. It is expected that the project will contribute to fulfill the recommendation of “Embed(ding) data science in all training and academic qualifications” set by the recent EU report on “Riding the wave: How Europe can gain from the rising tide of scientific data” by the High Level Expert Group on Scientific Data of the European Commission. The program of DIVA is based on integrating training and research projects across different aspects of visualization and interactive analysis, with a multidisciplinary application oriented collaboration.
Publications or Reports
Publications or Reports
All Project publications
- Paweł Woźniak, Robert Valton, Morten Fjeld. 2015. Volvo Single View of Vehicle: Building a Big Data Service from Scratch in the Automotive Industry. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Paweł Woźniak, Lars Lischke, Benjamin Schmidt, Shengdong Zhao, Morten Fjeld. 2014. Thaddeus: a dual device interaction space for exploring information visualisation. Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational.
- Vamsi Kiran Adihikarla, Paweł Wozniak, Robert Teather. 2014. HoloLeap: towards efficient 3D object manipulation on light field displays. Proceedings of the 2nd ACM symposium on Spatial user interaction (SUI 2014).
- Vamsi Kiran Adhikarla, Pawel Wozniak, Attila Barsi, Dave Singhal, Péter Tamás Kovács, Tibor Balogh. 2014. Freehand interaction with large-scale 3D map data. 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision-Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON).
- P. Wozniak, B. Schmidt, L. Lischke, Z. Franjcic, A.E. Yantaç, and M. Fjeld. 2014. MochaTop: Building Ad-Hoc Data Spaces with Multiple Devices. In CHI 2014 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI EA 2014). PP. 2329-2334.