Postdoc, U. of Stuttgart
Paweł Woźniak is a doctoral student at the t2i Lab, Chalmers University of Technology. Holding an MSc diploma from Lodz University of Technology, he has been involved in research since 2010. He was introduced to Human-Computer Interaction during his stay at the Technical University of Denmark and since then he participated in a variety of projects ranging from designing for medical environments to optimising study environments. He joined Chalmers in August 2012 as an Early Stage Researcher in the DIVA EU ITN. While Paweł was educated as an engineer, he believes in the core role of interdisciplinary work and the need for a broad understanding of the world to make sense of HCI. On a regular day, you can see him running between rooms and struggling with his Swedish.
In his free time, he enjoys running, languages, high-energy physics, capoeira, cycling and winter sports. He believes a skiing holiday a year is required to survive and research conferences are mainly about running in new places.
Human-Computer Interaction, HCI and Sports, Ubiquitous Computing, Engaging Experiences, Persuasive Technology, Multi-Surface Environments, Tangible Interfaces
MobileHCI 2013 Gadgeteer Hackathon Winner
Selected as one of world’s top Young Digital Innovators for the ITU Telecom World ’11 in Geneva by the International Telecommunication Union
Awarded a scientific excellence scholarship from the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education in 2012
Regional students scientist scholarship – 2011 and 2012
Ranked 1st in the National English Language Competition for Technical University Students in 2011
March 2015, NUS-HCI Seminar, Singapore
May 2014, Vetenskapsrouletten @ Gothenburg Science Festival, Gothenburg, Sweden.
February 2014, SCCIIL Interdisciplinary Center, Gothenburg Sweden
April 2013, Lodz ACM Chapter, Łódź, Poland
April 2012, Polish IA Summit, Warsaw, Poland
One of the teaching leads in DESTINE Erasmus IP (destine.eu)
In Sweden: Tabletop Computing, Prototyping, Tangible Interaction
In Poland: Pervasive Computing, Team Project
- L. Lischke, S. Mayer, P. Wozniak, A. Preikschat, M. Fjeld. 2017. Using Variable Movement Resistance Sliders for Remote Discrete Input. Using Variable Movement Resistance Sliders for Remote Discrete Input.
- Tomasz Kosiński, Mohammad Obaid, Paweł Woźniak, Morten Fjeld, Jacek Kucharski. 2016. A Fuzzy Data-Based Model for Human-Robot Proxemics. Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN), 2016 25th IEEE International Symposium on. PP. 335-340.
- Chen Chen, Pawel Wozniak, Andrzej Romanowski, Mohammad Obaid, Tomasz Jaworski, Jacek Kucharski, Krzysztof Grudzien, Shendong Zhao, and Morten Fjeld. 2016. Using Crowdsourcing for Scientific Analysis of Industrial Tomographic Images. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST) - Special Issue on Crowd in Intelligent Systems. New York, NY, USA, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technologies, Vol. 7, no. 4, PP. 52:1--52:25.
- Marta G. Carcedo, Soon Hau Chua, Simon Perrault, Paweł Woźniak, Raj Joshi, Mohammad Obaid, Morten Fjeld, Shengdong Zhao. 2016. HaptiColor: Interpolating color information as haptic feedback to assist the color blind. In Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI'16). New York, NY, USA, PP. 3572-3583.
- Paweł Woźniak, Kristina Knaving, Staffan Björk, Morten Fjeld. 2015. Untangling running: designing for real-life runner experiences. interactions, Vol. 22, no. 2, PP. 40-43.
- Paweł Woźniak, Robert Valton, Morten Fjeld. 2015. Volvo Single View of Vehicle: Building a Big Data Service from Scratch in the Automotive Industry. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Kristina Knaving, Paweł Woźniak, Morten Fjeld, Staffan Björk. 2015. Flow is Not Enough: Understanding the Needs of Advanced Amateur Runners to Design Motivation Technology. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Paweł Woźniak, Kristina Knaving, Mohammad Obaid, Marta Gonzalez Carcedo, Ayça Ünlüer, and Morten Fjeld. 2015. ChromaGlove: a wearable haptic feedback device for colour recognition. In the proceedings of the 6th Augmented Human International Conference. ACM, PP. 219-220.
- Morten Fjeld, Paweł Woźniak, Josh Cowls, and Bonnie Nardi. 2015. Ad hoc encounters with big data: Engaging citizens in conversations around tabletops. First Monday, Vol. 20, no. 2.
- Paweł Woźniak, Lars Lischke, Benjamin Schmidt, Shengdong Zhao, Morten Fjeld. 2014. Thaddeus: a dual device interaction space for exploring information visualisation. Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational.
- Paweł Woźniak, Bartosz Koczorowicz, Morten Fjeld, Andrzej Romanowski. 2014. SubRosa: Supporting a Proper Learning Atmosphere through Subtle Cues with Immediate Feedback. Persuasive Technology, LNCS. Vol. 8462.
- Benjamin Schmidt, Paweł Woźniak, Kristina Knaving, Chen Chen, Mohammad Obaid. 2014. ParkPal: Towards Ad-Hoc Route Planning for Runners. 2nd International Workshop on Cultures of Participation in the Digital Age (COPD@ 2014).
- Paweł Woźniak, Andrzej Romanowski, Asim Evren Yantaç, Morten Fjeld. 2014. Notes from the front lines: lessons learnt from designing for improving medical imaging data sharing. Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational.
- Pradthana Jarusriboonchai, Sus Lundgren, Thomas Olsson, Joel Fischer, Nemanja Memarovic, Stuart Reeves, Paweł Woźniak, Olof Torgersson. 2014. Personal or social?: designing mobile interactions for co-located interaction. Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast, Foundational.
- Lars Lischke, Tilman Dingler, Stefan Schneegaß, Albrecht Schmidt, Merel van der Vaart, Pawel Wozniak. 2014. Parallel Exhibits: Combining Physical and Virtual Exhibits. Proceedings of NODEM 2014.
- Vamsi Kiran Adihikarla, Paweł Wozniak, Robert Teather. 2014. HoloLeap: towards efficient 3D object manipulation on light field displays. Proceedings of the 2nd ACM symposium on Spatial user interaction (SUI 2014).
- Vamsi Kiran Adhikarla, Pawel Wozniak, Attila Barsi, Dave Singhal, Péter Tamás Kovács, Tibor Balogh. 2014. Freehand interaction with large-scale 3D map data. 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision-Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON).
- P. Wozniak, B. Schmidt, L. Lischke, Z. Franjcic, A.E. Yantaç, and M. Fjeld. 2014. MochaTop: Building Ad-Hoc Data Spaces with Multiple Devices. In CHI 2014 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI EA 2014). PP. 2329-2334.
- Z. Franjcic and P. Wozniak. 2014. QualiWand: Towards Optimising Feedback for Motion Capture System Calibration. Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2014. PP. 5-6.
- P. Woźniak, M. Fjeld, K. Qian, and S. Zhao. 2014. Introducing a Systematic Approach to Designing Clutching. Limiting Trial and Error (Chinese CHI 2014). 4 Pages .
- P. Wozniak and A. Romanowski. 2013. Vertoid: Exploring the Persuasive Potential of Location-Aware Mobile Cues. FedCSIS. PP. 1339-1342.
- K. Knaving and P. Woźniak. 2013. The Extra Mile: Augmenting the Experiences of Runners and Their Supporters. In Midi 2013 conference.
- A. Romanowski, P. Wozniak, T. Jaworski, P. Fiderek, and J. Kucharski . 2013. Modelling Interpersonal Relations in Surgical Teams with Fuzzy Logic. In Advances in Artificial Intelligence. PP. 469-479.
- P. Wozniak, T. Jaworski, P. Fiderek, J. Kucharski, and A. Romanowski. 2013. Clinical Activity and Schedule Management with a Fuzzy Social Preference System. In Advanced Methods for Computational Collective Intelligence. PP. 345-354.
- P. Woźniak, M. Lützhöft, T. Porathe, A. Evren Yantac, and M. Fjeld. 2013. Examining Interactive Surfaces for Maritime Operations. Proceedings of the 2013 ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS 2013). New York, NY, USA, no. 4, PP. 341-344.
- A. Romanowski, P. Woźniak, and J. Gonera. 2012. Implified Centralized Operational Transformation Algorithm for Concurrent Collaborative Systems. In International Journal of Computer Science and Applications.
- P. Woźniak, A. Romanowski, F. Proborszcz, M. Borkowska, D. Stozek, and B. Koczorowicz. 2012. Maintaining Proper Conditions in Quiet Study Rooms with Ambient Influence. Proceedings of the 7th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Making Sense Through Design (NordiCHI 2012). New York, NY, USA, PP. 787-788.
- P. Wozniak and A. Romanowski. 2012. Everyday Problems vs. UbiComp: A Case Study. Proceedings of the 2Nd International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS 2012). PP. 57.