Zlatko Franjcic is an industrial PhD student at Qualisys Inc. (http://www.qualisys.com) and the t2i Lab, Chalmers University of Technology. He is an early-stage researcher participating in the ACT project (http://eu-act.org/). After obtaining an MSc degree in computer science from ETH Zurich in Switzerland, and spending a 10-month research internship at the t2i Lab in 2007/08, he worked as a software engineer at Gbanga (http://gbanga.com/) and Hewlett-Packard Switzerland (http://h40043.www4.hp.com/home/duebendorf_e.htm), before returning to the t2i Lab in 2013 to start his PhD studies.
Zlatko’s current research explores the boundary between HCI and computer vision. In particular, he is interested in human-automation coordination for computer vision applications. The reference system used for the research is the Qualisys motion capture system, while the reference application is motion capture for developmental psychology experiments. By employing assistive technology that is driven by human interaction, the goal is to make motion capture more accessible and easier to use for developmental psychology researchers.
In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer, travelling, hiking, volunteer work, sketching/drawing, photography and socialising.
Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion.
ACT Initial Training Network, REA Grant Agreement 289404.
- Dancu, Alexandru and Franjcic, Zlatko and Unluer, Ayca and Fjeld, Morten. 2015. Interaction in Motion with Mobile Projectors: Design Considerations. Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Pervasive Displays. ACM, PP. 61--68.
- Zlatko Franjcic, Morten Fjeld. 2015. Visualizing Single-Camera Reprojection Errors Using Diffusion. SIGRAD 2015, PP. 17-19.
- Franjcic, Zlatko and Bondeson, Johan. 2014. Quality Assessment of Self-Calibration with Distortion Estimation for Grid Point Images. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. Vol. 40, PP. 95--99.
- P. Wozniak, B. Schmidt, L. Lischke, Z. Franjcic, A.E. Yantaç, and M. Fjeld. 2014. MochaTop: Building Ad-Hoc Data Spaces with Multiple Devices. In CHI 2014 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI EA 2014). PP. 2329-2334.
- Z. Franjcic and P. Wozniak. 2014. QualiWand: Towards Optimising Feedback for Motion Capture System Calibration. Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2014. PP. 5-6.
- A. Dancu, Z. Franjcic, and M. Fjeld. 2014. Smart Flashlight: Map Navigation Using a Bike-mounted Projector. In Proceeding on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2014). New York, NY, USA, PP. 3627-3630.
- Z. Franjcic, M. Anglart, M. Sundin, and M. Fjeld. 2008. Softly Elastic Device for 6DOF Input. (NordiCHI 2008). PP. id5-id6.